You may be well aware of the early fall property preparations you need to make to ensure your lawn and landscape health and resilience for the months to come. However, a quick reminder does not hurt. After all, paying attention to all tasks and implementing all lawn care activities is not an easy feat. Today, our lawn service Wylie TX experts are here to remind you of the most important points to consider when it comes to early fall property planning and development.
- Soil Testing: You should begin with a soil test to learn about the soil’s pH levels, drainage, and nourishment needs. Depending on the results, you may need to take further action, including (but not limited to) soil amendments, fertilization, and so on.
- Aeration and Overseeding: Our lawn service Wylie TX team can help you aerate and overseed the soil. Even if you performed this task in spring, you should repeat it in fall as well. They will ensure your soil’s health, resilience, and your turf’s bountiful thriving all season long. Moreover, well-aerated and reseeded lawns fare better in the face of extreme weather, pests, diseases, or other environmental threats.
- Mowing: As you probably know by now, raising your mower blades to ensure that your grasses will capture and absorb more light, oxygen, and warmth, which they will transform into nutrients to stay strong until next spring. Raise those blades one inch tops, our lawn service Wylie TX pros say.
- Lawn irrigation: Follow your local water consumption regulations, if there are any, and make sure your lawn and vegetation receive proper amounts of water. This is a good time to prep for the upcoming season and repairs your sprinklers as well. If you do not have a smart irrigation system to save you time, water, and money, you should consider investing in one. Make sure you pay attention to your evergreens and edible crops, as they need more water in the months of September and October.
- Fertilization and weed control: Pre-emergent weed control and a thorough fertilization program are in order. Our lawn service Wylie TX team can help you keep your lawn, landscape, garden, and backyard free from weeds all season long.
- Mulching: We have talked about mulch many times before. In September, you should refresh your organic mulch layer to make sure the flowerbeds, lawn, trees, shrubs, and vegetable rows stay moist, cool, and safe from pests and weeds. If you want to mulch without help, do not forget the 3-3-3 mulching rule. You can also talk to your lawn service Wylie TX experts about ground covers and inorganic mulch layers for decoration and protection.
- Pest Control: Pests are always a big problem in these parts, so make sure you collaborate with your pest control Wylie TX team to keep your lawn and landscape free from damaging insects. Many spiders, bugs, and other pests invade Texan properties this time of year, and you should be ready for anything. Keep in mind that some insects are also a threat to children and pets, so take pest control seriously.
- Cleaning and Ordering: Make sure your lawn, yard, and garden are clean and neat. Debris and leftovers attract pests and diseases.
Call your local lawn service Wylie TX team to give you a hand with early fall lawn and landscape planning and development and enjoy a gorgeous fall season!